Muktinath is one of the highest located temple in the world at the altitude of 3800m, located at the foot of thorong la pass in Mustang district of Nepal. There are different exercise we can do in a muktinath temple tour. Travelers who prefer traveling through captivating landscapes with a breathtaking Himalayan views must include Jomsom on their bucket list, some interesting stuff you can do in muktinath trip are as follows:
- Mukti Dhara & Mukti Kund:The bull head shape 108 water heads in the back yard of Muktinath Temple where chilled holy water from Gandaki River flows continuously. Taking a holy bath under these 108 Muktidhara is believed to bring moksh(liberation). In front of mukti dhara two holy water pounds in front of Muktinath Temple known as “Laxmi Kunda”. Taking a spree inside these pond is believe to flush away your sin.
- Thakali Culture: you can taste the original taste of typical thakali khana set in this region, It primarily bolongs to the communities who have lived in this area for centuries.The Thakali culture is extensively present in Jomsom and other regions of Mustang. Diving into Thakali culture is an amusing thing to do in Jomsom Nepal.
- Dhumba Lake: A short hiking trip to Dhumba Lake along the Kali Gandaki gorge refresh you from inside out. Situated at a high altitude of 2,830 meters above sea level, Dhumba Lake lies on the base of Mt. Nilgiri (7,125m).
- Shaligram(Ammonite): Fossils of the Jurassic park age that found in Kaligandaki River. This black stone is symbol of lord Vishnu and kept in prayer room in the home.
- Jomsom View Tower: Jomsom View Tower was constructed at Thini village of Jomsom with a hope of attracting foreign and local travellers. Situated at an altitude of 3,750 meters above sea level, Jomsom View Tower is a cool thing to do in Jomsom Nepal. It display you a spectacular angelic view of Lomanthang, Mt. Dhaulagiri, Tilicho Peak and Muktinath Temple.